Last updated on May 3rd, 2019 at 12:18 pm
FAQs about Airbnb and DJUBO’s Official API Partnership
About this Partnership
DJUBO and Airbnb have announced an Official API integration which is an official 2 way sync. Djubo is one of the very few in India which has been successful in integrating with Airbnb. Airbnb is now open to listing even traditional hotels and bed and breakfasts and all kinds of accommodation businesses on its platform. With this partnership, DJUBO’s client hotels will be able to manage their rates and inventory on Airbnb seamlessly without having to login to the Airbnb app or extranet.
How is Airbnb’s Business Model and Interface Different from Other OTAs:
- The listing title on Airbnb cannot be the commercial name of the property. It should be a descriptive name. For example: “Hotel Taj Palace” will not be approved for listing. However “Spacious Luxury Suite on MG Road” is acceptable.
- Airbnb’s commission structure is different from all other OTA’s. While it charges only 3% to hosts/hotels – an additional service fee of 0 – 20% is charged to the guest.
- If Hotel has a GST/VAT registration, the Airbnb will apply the applicable slab on the sell rate along with its 0 – 20% commission and then sell to the client. Airbnb will passback 97% of sell rate and 99% of GST/VAT to the hotel’s account. To understand this or question airbnb.com on any calculations the hotels can write to email@example.com.
- Traditionally, a regular listing owner approves/authorizes a guest to allow him to make a booking after the owner has chatted with him on the Airbnb App. However, If a hotel is approved for availing the API connectivity through DJUBO then Instant Book feature is automatically switched on for that property. This means that the guest need not chat with the owner or request for a room and will be able to easily book rooms without any engagement with the listing owner.
- In Airbnb, one listing can only be booked one at a time. No one can book 4 deluxe room rooms at a go. They can only book deluxe rooms 4 times. Each listing doesnt have an inventory attached to it, but has an available/closed status only. So when rooms run out on DJUBO, the status of this listing will be changed to Closed so that no more rooms are sold on Airbnb or on other OTAs.
Which Rates will be Pushed to Airbnb via DJUBO?
DJUBO will be pushing the sell rates that the hotel sets up on the OTA rates tab under Manage this property > Rate Setup > Best Available Rates > OTA Rates.
How will Airbnb Handle GST/VAT?
- Airbnb will also apply GST/VAT on sell rate and markup the rates that the guest pays. In case the host has no such registration then no tax will be levied over and above.
- Hosts will be passed back 97% of the Sell Rate and 99% of the GST/VAT when a booking happens in the bank account setup in the Payout Preferences by the host.
- In order to inform Airbnb about your GST/VAT registration number please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Start Using Airbnb’s API Connectivity via DJUBO?