Be it a Front Office or Food & Beverage Team, these Grooming Lessons for Hoteliers are essential!
- A shower or bath should be taken daily.
- Always use deodorants.
- Aftershave and perfumes should not be too strong.
- Sufficient sleep, an adequate and healthy intake of food, and regular exercise will keep you a healthy condition and allow you to cope with the pressures and stress of work.
- Pay particular attention to your hands. They must always be clean, free of nicotine stain and with clean, well-trimmed nails.
- No nail varnish should be worn.
- Males should be clean shaven or either with moustache should be neatly
- Females should only wear light make-up.
- Ear-rings should not be worn with the possible exception of studs.
- Your uniform should be clean, starched as appropriate and neatly pressed.
- Hair must at all times be clean and well groomed. Should staff have long hair, then it should be tied up in a bun.
- Shoes must be comfortable and clean, and of a plain, neat design. Fashion is not important here (i.e. high heels), but rather safety and foot comfort.
- Your teeth should be brushed.
- Any colds or other possible infections should be taken care of immediately.
- Your hands should be washed immediately after using the toilet or smoking.
- Excessive jewellery must not he worn.
We hope you like our short article on Grooming Lessons for Hoteliers!