Frequently Asked Questions
Everything to Get You Started with TripAdvisor CPA!
Is TripAdvisor CPA by DJUBO different from TripAdvisor Instant Booking & TripAdvisor TripConnect CPC?
TripAdvisor CPA falls under DJUBO Fireball and is an advertising option for TripAdvisor that is managed by DJUBO and does not require you to manage the advertisements from your TripAdvisor Account.
Learn more about TripAdvisor Instant Booking & TripConnect CPC here
How is TripAdvisor CPA by DJUBO different from TripAdvisor Instant Booking?
While both TripAdvisor CPA and TripAdvisor Instant Booking are a CPA (Cost per Acquisition) advertising options for TripAdvisor, the salient differences are:
• Instant bookings are only available for a fixed number of percentage of views your hotel listing gets (Maximum exposure at 50% of views for 15% commission), whereas with the CPA option, your rates will always be visible.
• Instant bookings are pay-at-hotel, whereas with the CPA option the traveler is routed to your booking engine and can therefore be as per you booking engine's payment policy.
• Instant bookings are completed on TripAdvisor platform itself, thereby losing an opportunity to cross-sell packages and add-ons, which are available on your booking engine.
• Commissions for Instant Bookings are billed at the end of each month and payable only via credit card, whereas commission for CPA bookings is deducted from the reservation amount directly and the balance is sent to your account.
• TripAdvisor CPA have to be managed by you from your TripAdvisor account, while TripAdvisor CPA are managed by DJUBO and optimized for best results.
Learn more about TripAdvisor Instant Booking.
How is TripAdvisor CPA by DJUBO different from TripAdvisor TripConnect CPC?
TripAdvisor CPA is a cost-per-acquisition model where you only pay for confirmed bookings and TripAdvisor TripConnect CPC is a CPC (Cost per Click) advertising option so you will need to pay for each click whether you receive a booking or not. Other salient differences are:
• You need to manage bids for your CPC campaigns through your TripAdvisor Account for each country and continuously monitor performance to optimize campaign results. With the CPA options, you only have to pay for confirmed bookings and we take care of bids from our end to ensure maximum conversions.
• CPC charges are billed at the end of each month and payable only via credit card, whereas commission for CPA bookings is deducted from the reservation amount directly and the balance is sent to your account.
Learn more about TripAdvisor TripConnect CPC here.
Can I continue using TripAdvisor Instant Booking and TripConnect CPC while running TripAdvisor CPA?
You can continue to run TripAdvisor Instant Booking while TripAdvisor CPA ads via DJUBO Fireball are running. You cannot, however, use TripConnect CPC while running TripAdvisor CPA. If you would like to conitnue using TripAdvisor CPC, while continuing to advertise on other DJUBO Fireball partners, please get in touch with your account manager or drop a mail to email@example.com to disable TripAdvisor CPA.
What do I need to get started with TripAdvisor CPA by DJUBO?
You need to have a DJUBO Fireball subscription, which also requires the DJUBO CRS & Booking Engine subscriptions.
Additionally, you also need to have an active TripAdvisor Listing. Learn more about TripAdvisor listing here
Is the DJUBO Booking Engine must to start using TripAdvisor CPA?
Yes. The Fireball service & TripAdvisor CPA are integrated to the DJUBO Booking Engine to provide rates & inventory, allow guests to make a reservation, collect guest payments & transfer it to your bank.
I don't have a TripAdvisor listing. How can I get listed?
Don’t worry. It is a fairly simple process. Visit this link – https://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew
and fill out the necessary details to create an account. Please do note that TripAdvisor listings are
I can see TripAdvisor CPA ads running for my hotel, but I am still not getting any bookings. Why?
The actual bookings are dependent on the travellers themselves. If they are choosing not to book via TripAdvisor, then there is very little that can be done.
There are, however, a few recommendations which should ensure that you position your hotel in the best possible way to attract bookings. They are highlighted in the next FAQ.
How can I improve my conversion from TripAdvisor CPA?
Even though in the end consumer choice will prevail, there are a few bases you can cover to ensure that you have done everything to attract bookings via TripAdvisor CPA.
• Offer a lower price compared to OTAs, which will not only improve the chances of your ad appearing above OTAs, but also increase the liklihood of travellers selecting your hotel.
• Make sure you are managing your reviews well on TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor has built its reputation as an authentic source of hotel reviews and your reviews play a huge role in travellers purchase decision.
Learn more about how you can manage your hotel's online reviews and reputation across sales channels using DJUBO StarSight.
• Make sure your TripAdvisor listing is complete, provides adequate information to users and displays charming images of your hotel.
• Run TripAdvisor Instant Booking Ads in addition to TripAdvisor CPA. This will give your hotel the maximum possible visibility in the pricing results and prevent users from going to other OTAs. Since you already have DJUBO Booking Engine running for your property, this comes at no additional cost.
Learn more about TripAdvisor TripConnect CPC here.