Three months into 2020 and the world is battling an ongoing pandemic in the form of Coronavirus. While the world waits with bated breath for the pandemic to cease in its track, the travel and hospitality industry is in the doldrums. With travel plans being canceled, hotels are perhaps the worst affected business as a lot of inventory is slated to go unused in the coming months in spite of the usual ‘peak travel season’ in April & May. If you want your hotel to sail smoothly out of this disaster, then we at DJUBO are here to help. Read on to take measures that will minimize the impact of this pandemic.
- Retain revenues, push bookings ahead
With DJUBO PMS, you as a hotelier have the feature of utilizing the Flexi booking option which not only allows you to keep your revenues intact but also lets you offer your guests a reschedule option for their stay – at no extra cost to the guest. This helps you plan for the upcoming months, letting you allocate rooms accordingly and allowing your customers to make modifications to their bookings at this critical hour. After all, the hospitality industry is all about great service.
- Use the break to get planning for the next season
Well, travel will never cease to exist. It’s a temporary scenario and rather than panicking, hotels can use this time to effectively plan for the months ahead or a few years down the line. With DJUBO CRS you have the option of monitoring trends and basing your rate planning for up to five years in advance.
- Have you lost focus on the long term strategy?
While managing your daily operations, it becomes easy to lose sight of your long term targets with respect to your hotel. Since the effect of Corona has everyone in lockdown, you can use the time to re-look and re-plan your revenue strategy with DJUBO PMS. DJUBO can help you make accurate occupancy and revenue predictions along with changing your pricing on all sales channels to ensure maximum profitability.
- Chat-based customer support from DJUBO
We understand that at this critical hour you need all the best support possible from every source. Even though our support staff is working from home, they will be providing the same quality of support to you. All you need to do is check your DJUBO dashboard to find the chatbox and address your issues to them. At this time we are here to provide hoteliers with our continued support.
- As hoteliers, be mindful while caring for your guests
It’s a critical time and hoteliers everywhere are doing their best to serve the guests who are still stuck inside hotels. At this critical hour, here are some measures that you can take for the welfare of your guests and staff. Doing so will help your hotel build a valuable relationship with every guest & will retain your guests’ confidence in your services.
- Provide sanitizers to your guests – Medical stores realize the need of the hour and are doing their best to keep a stock. But be mindful while using them because it’s an absolutely essential commodity.
- Be prepared for the worst-case scenarios – While the world hopes that the pandemic subsides soon, as hotels with a large occupancy level it’s best to be prepared for the worst.
- Have a doctor on call – Ensure that you have at least two doctors on call when needed. Have your staff know the basic symptoms of the virus & ensure that a doctor is called on time.
- Ask your guests to avoid handshakes – As clichéd as it may sound, avoid handshakes under all circumstances.
- Clean high touch surfaces – Yes. This is an absolute must. Ensure that elevator buttons, door handles, restaurant cutlery, etc is cleaned and sanitized a number of times during the day.
With time on hand, you can make small changes within your hotel which can go a long way in enhancing services for your guests. If you want to look beyond the Coronavirus and intend to plan ahead, then drop us an email on email@example.com or request for a demo here.