With TripAdvisor Instant Booking, you can push guests to book directly on TripAdvisor. It is a cost-per-action model, i.e. you only pay a commission if the guest actually stays at your hotel.
- If the guest is a no-show or cancels, you do not pay any commission.
- Commission is charged only after the guest has finished their stay at your hotel.
Commission Models Explained
There are 2 commission models that will be presented to you at the time of signing up for Instant Bookings on TripAdvisor and are defined as:
- 12% commission – For every 100 times your property gets listed in availability & rate search results, the “Book on TripAdvisor” button will be visible 25 times, that is a quarter of all “Book on TripAdvisor” traveler views.
- 15% commission – For every 100 times your property gets listed in availability & rate search results, the “Book on TripAdvisor” button will be visible 50 times, that is half of all “Book on TripAdvisor” traveler views. This is double the views at 12% commission.
The “Book on TripAdvisor” button will be shown for your property listing when a user searches on the TripAdvisor Price Finder, that is when a user looks up for hotels by date.
For hotels using Instant Booking, the button will appear:
- In search results
- On your property’s listing on TripAdvisor
Your commission model dictates only the visibility of this button and when using Instant Booking, users will still see your direct rates and be able to book through TripAdvisor.
How will the commission be collected for bookings through TripAdvisor?
The commission for all stays booked through TripAdvisor will be charged to the Credit Card that you shared at the time of signing up for Instant Bookings.
DJUBO is not involved in this billing process and only facilitates distribution. Any discrepancies in billing for TripAdvisor Instant Booking should be discussed and taken up with TripAdvisor.
Avoiding Getting Charged for No-shows and Cancellations
TripAdvisor Instant Bookings only charge for bookings that complete their stay at your hotel. If a guests cancels or is a no-show, you will need to cancel the reservation from your TripAdvisor Instant Booking Dashboard.